Thursday, December 10, 2009

What do you do when you are feeling down that really helps cheer you up?

For me, it is closing my eyes and listening to my favorite music. I love opera and classical music. I find it very uplifting to the spirit, and can imagine myself soaring amidst the stars. My daughter walked in on me the other day as I had my eyes closed and was waving my arms like the mad conductor while listening to Beethoven's 9th symphony. The look on her face was priceless! She must have thought I was completely bananas!



What works for you? I'm open to suggestions, as long as it isn't raiding the fridge!



What do you do when you are feeling down that really helps cheer you up?imax theatre



Getting outside. It doesn't matter what I do as long as it is outside.



What do you do when you are feeling down that really helps cheer you up?performing show opera theater



go for a ride on my cycle
go shopping or hang out with good friends.
playing paintball is the best especially when you hit someone it makes it that much better
Exercising, boxing/hit a punching bag, paintball, basketball, and I love to go outside when it's storming and watch the lightning. Try video games like the new NIntendo Wii, it's actually really fun and you may be able to play with your daughter. Just try to get outside and get some sun and do something physical. Exercise creates endorphins and they make you happy! :)
Singing out loud always cheers me up.



Playing with my daughter and really acting more childish than her is also nice.



Going out with friends.



Other than that, i am here on Yahoo answers....



It's too hot to go for a walk here in Abu Dhabi.



I used to raid my fridge but now i keep only the basics in it so i won't be tempted.
If you are in Egypt a long walk close to the Nile will change your mood completely.



If you are outside Egypt dream of the Nile and listen to the new song for Sherin "Mashrebtish men Nilha" or dream of the kornich in Alexandria while you close your eyes and listen to an old song "Shat eskendriah ramana el hawa"



If once you try this, please tell me the result.
Fast ride on the motorbike.



Rock beats scissors. Thrill beats depression.
Before, I would drive my car when I'm feeling down or depressed. Now as I do not drive in Egypt, I talk to my closest friends, write my thoughts and feelings out, or read some Quraan. Sometimes listening to some good music helps too
like Wise Mind said...if you were near the Nile,go there and just leave all your worries in it...He's good listener(it's even better with songs by dalida:like 7elwa ya balady...lol)...since i don't live there(i live on the Suez canal),i go to the sea and do the same thing,maybe with a song by monir"ba7r el 7yah"



second thing is chocolaaaaaaate,when am depressed i eat pounds of chocolate,it relaxes me...
think of all the dead ones in the valley and how many more are there undiscovered, and of course DER VOGELFANGER BIN ICH JA (MOZART) COSI VAN TUTE
i always listen to music when i'm down n feeling depressed...i ride the car n let someone drive quickly in an empty street, i close my eyes and open the window so i can feel the air freshing me, i listen to my favorite music at this time which is soft rock or maybe classic music like enya, era and loreena mcknetti to relax...
i share my depression with someone who is talented in getting you out of the groomy moods.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
skin lightening