Thursday, December 10, 2009

What are some really good musical theatre songs?

Hi! I was wondering if anyone could provide me with a few really good musical theatre **songs**. I'm trying to find some new musicals to listen to (preferrably modern, but as I said before, as long as it's really good...) besides the staple ones that everybody listens to. I'd appreciate if you would give me what you think is the best song and what musical it's from - but not just the muscial. Please. :^)



Here are ones I'm already familar with, just to save you the trouble:



Wicked; Les Miserables; RENT; Phantom of the Opera; Fiddler on the Roof; Grease; Footloose; Seussical; Avenue Q; Hairspray; Little Shope of Horrors; Spring Awakening; You're a Good Man, Charlie Brown; Legally Blonde; Kiss Me, Kate; Once on this Island; Mary Poppins; and Sound of Music.



And I DO NOT want to hear about High School Musical. I'm not saying it's bad, but I'm not particularly fond of it, either. ;^)



Thanks you so much!



What are some really good musical theatre songs?palace theatre



if you want unknown...



how about



Curtains- show people



110 in the shade



Sweet Charity- umm EVERYTHING! i %26lt;3 this musical!



anything Goes- i get a kick out of you, delovely



Once upon a mattress- shy



Dirty Rotten Scoundrels- here i am, All about Ruprecht



A Chorus Line- dance 10, looks 3



Newsies- carrying the banner, seize the day



Guys and dolls- adelaide's lament, guys and dolls



bye bye birdie- Spanish Rose



sweeney todd- A little priest



into the woods- Prologue, on the steps of the palace



Chess - Decorum and tranquility



Chicago- roxie, we both reached for the gun



Dreamgirls



Drowsy Chaperone- show off, i am adolpho



evita- oh what a circus



the producers- king of broadway, keep it gay



Showboat-



spamalot- the song that goes like this, sir robin, diva's lament



thoroughly modern millie- speed test, how the other half lives



Urinetown- too much exposition, cop song, run freedom run



1776- piddle twiddle and resolve



the 25th annual putnam county spelling bee



hope this helps! i got all those off my ipod- and they all come with high recommendations!



btw- someone said Gary indiana was from fiddler- im guessing you already know this but its music man



What are some really good musical theatre songs?concert tickets opera theater



Lucky Stiff, Bat Boy, and Xanadu are all lesser-known contemporary shows that have great songs/roles for young women.
Gary indiana- Fiddler on the Roof



The New Girl In Town- Hairspray



This is all I have off the top of my head.



(by the way, we did Suessical for our school musical.)
Pretty much anything from



Godspell - has some really great fun songs,



Rent -of course(i know you alredy said it but it's so good)



Annie- has some amazing songs, really fun



Music Man- Some great songs (not very modern)
Cabaret is my favourite musical, by far. Check out the soundtrack.
I love the music from jekyll and hyde -someone like you is a perfect love song, Joseph and the amazing technicolor dreamcoat was pretty good- any dream will do. Jesus Christ Superstar- I don't know how to love him ( i sang this in high school). My friends really enjoy Sondheim I'm not a huge fan of his but Sunday in the park with George, and Into the woods are pretty good shows too. Have fun!
Funny Honey or When Your Good to Mama - from Chicago



The Love of My Life - Brigadoon



Wash That Man Right Outta' My hair - South Pacific



I Cain't Say No - Oklahoma



Dance Ten, Looks Three - A Chorus Line



Som,e of my favorites. These can really be spiced up and let your creativity shine through in an audition.



(I'm with you on HSM... blah....)
Phantom of the opera. I love it so much. The songs are great. The songs in title of show are great but innappropriate. But they are great.
Here's a few musicals and some of my fave songs from them. (it's hard to choose a single favorite from a musical)



Chicago- All That Jazz, Roxie, Cell Block Tango, Razzle Dazzle, Both Reached for the Gun



Ragtime- Ragtime, Journey On, Wheels of Dream, Your Daddy's Son, Crime of the Century, Back to Before



Jane Eyre- Forgiveness, Sweet Liberty, The Gypsy, The Proposal, Brave Enough for Love



Aida- Every Story is a Love Story, My Strongest Suit, Enchantment Passing Through, Elaborate Lives, Easy as Life, Written in the Stars



Miss Saigon- The Heat is on in Saigon, Sun and Moon, The Movie in My Mind, I Still Believe, I'd Give My Life for You, Room 317



The Lion King- Endless Night, Shadowland, The Morning Report, They Live in You, Grassland Chant, The Circle of Life



Dreamgirls- Dreamgirls, And I'm Telling You I'm Not Going, I am Changing, When I First Saw You

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
skin lightening