Thursday, December 10, 2009

Improve my singing? Help please!?

Hi all,



I'm 16 years old and I was vocally trained from ages 6-14. I am a Soprano 1 with a range up to high F. I was trained in vocals and on the piano so I am very familiar with notes and music.



I have encountered a few problems, though.



First, my voice sounds nasally when I am singing in my lower range. I find it weird though because hearing myself, it sounds nice. But when I listen to myself recorded it sounds nasally. Why is this so and how can I train myself to get rid of that nasal tone that I only hear when I listen to myself recorded? I would really like to improve this part of my voice!



Second, since I have always been singing opera and classical style music I have not been familiarized with the runs that contemporary or R%26amp;B singers have in their voice. I always end up breaking my notes up to hit them each more precisely. How can I improve my voice in this?



Thank you, help would be extremely appreciated!



Improve my singing? Help please!?ms stress



Hey



im not too familiar with notes but i actually hav the same thing onl its because my voice hasn't broken yet therfore i cant sing low due to the fact that my voice is high. What really helps is to liste to the note and someone else singing it and then repeat until it sounds good. the other thing it could be is that the recording device is too sensitive and cant pick up on certain notes. Some cant.



Hope that helped



Improve my singing? Help please!?home theater system opera theater



WOW me too! I hve been trained just the same as you. I always have that problem withe my lower range - I always thought that maybe I was just a soprano and cant do anything else...but I recently got a new teacher (she's really good - not just like I think that but her students always win the Met competitions) but she said that that doesnt come in until we get older - its not like a after puberty thing - i've gotten though that its just something with the development of our vocal cords...she said that we really cant do anything about it as it is a natural process but that it will jsut gradually come in with age...so keep singing!!!!!! =D

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
skin lightening