Friday, December 4, 2009

Are you a Jonathan Livingston Seagull? What makes you absolutely unique?

Are you one of a kind? Is there NO ONE else in the world like you?



I am.



I am a truck driver who wears western clothes...and flip flops or bare feet in the summer.



I eat a healthy diet of raw foods and I cook all my food in my truck.



I attend ballet and the Theatre and the Symphony and the Opera and Art Galleries.



Unlike other truck drivers, I DO NOT use a CB radio (I hate them).



I have a tomato plant growing in my windshield. (Yes, even now, in February!)



I listen to New Age Music and Classical and Frank Sinatra songs. I am a very devout Mormon too.



I am a very conservative Constitutional Libertarian (like Ron Paul and George Washington, you see, I actually want our country to be run according to our Constitution).



I am a rare combination of things.



Please tell me how different you are.



Thank you!



Are you a Jonathan Livingston Seagull? What makes you absolutely unique?concerts



I like your question, but I think that you may have missed the point of the character. The moral of the story was LIMITATIONS. Jonathan was not unique. He was more than just a non-conformist. He met many other seagulls who acheived fast flight before him after he crashed into the water, died, and met them in the next plane of existance. It was a higher order of existance not known to all seagulls because they were not ready for it due to their limitations. He broke the limitations that were set by seagulls.



What his desire was to redefine the "rules/limitations." He did not WANT to be different. He actually wanted to conform and be like the other seagulls, but his desire to surpass seagull limitations was his innate higher quest. He had no choice in his quest. Seagulls are not supposed to be fast flyers, yet he proved them wrong.



Jonathan was different that he did not conform to the flock. He went above to acheive a higher goal that was not "obtainable" to the seagull world. What his character represents is the inner quest for something more than what our society demands of us, or rather the limitations society puts on us. We should seek in ourselves what is deemed unobtainable and reach for it.



Your "seagull" (while beautiful, and i truely connect with your quest and the tools of you quest- the food, the clothes, the music, and the tomato plant) is merely non-conformity. There have been non-conformist since the dawn of time. It is the non-conformists that slowly influence society until their non-conformist ways actually become the norm. This is evolution.



What your "Jonathan Seagull" inside should be acheiving is breaking the standard rules that are unfathomable to break. You soar beyond the shell of limitations.



One way to find your seagull is to go on your quest of personal and societal limitations (not social norms - there is a difference). Seek the higher plane of existance.



The book you need to read that describes your current quest is "The Way Of The Peaceful Warrior" by Dan Milman. I think you will resonate with this character profoundly. Then, re-read "Seagull."



See you on the flipside. There, together, we will see that where we are now is the real flipside.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
skin lightening